Celtic Process Control Ltd was formed in 1974 (then known as Instrument Services Newport) and became incorporated in 1981. Working across the Paper, Steel, Petro-chemical and Water Industries for the past 37 years, “Celtic’s" key focus for training and development turned to the Water Industry shortly after its privatisation in 1989. Today, Celtic’s core skills of Instrument and Electrical Control Engineering are relied upon by Dwr Cymru Welsh Water (DCWW) for the delivery of numerous upgraded and new-build Water Treatment Works and Waste Water Treatment Works with individual E & I contract values ranging between £10,000 and £2 million.
Over the past 20 years Celtic have extended their in-house skills base to provide a turnkey solution for multi-site, multi-discipline projects such as M-Cert Compliance, Spill Monitoring, Environment Protection, and Pumping Station upgrades. To this end, Celtic have provided a “one stop shop” by designing, delivering and managing the civil, mechanical, electrical, instrument, and software/telemetry elements of the contracts for DCWW. Whenever requested, support for DCWW is further enhanced to include feasibility studies, Health and Safety reports, asset identification and recording, and CDM regulation management.
Celtic’s commitment to a programme of continuous technological research, training and development for its entire workforce has lead to numerous third party accreditations and awards which include NICEIC registration, ISO 9001:2008 registration, Investors in People accreditation, IiP Leadership and Management accreditation, Green Pennant and Worksafe Partner Health & Safety accreditation, and in November 2009, Celtic won the prestigious IOW – Welsh Region, Award for Innovation. In 2010, The Welsh Assembly Government awarded Celtic “Tier 2 Development Company” status in recognition of the company’s continuous commitment to workforce development.
PRINCIPAL SERVICES PROVIDED BY CELTIC PROCESS CONTROL INCLUDE:
- Control panel design, manufacture and refurbishment
- Dosing skid design and manufacture
- Pump skids and pumping station kiosk design and manufacture
- Research, Design and Feasibility surveys and reports
- Asset inventories
- “Turnkey” Project Management
- CDM Regulation planning and management
- Health & Safety surveys and reports
- Budget Proposals with principle design
- Flow surveys with retro-fit monitoring and control
- Instrumentation & Electrical calibration and testing
- Hire of design and maintenance engineering staff and operating staff